So guys a great tutorial….how to dual boot two roms on galaxy s2…well it works with almost every android phone(2.3 or above). No i am not using LOLbootdualboot app but instead the siyah kernel. So the new siyah kernel has an option to dual boot two different roms. Its pretty much safe and works with most of the ics roms.
Special thanks to Gokhan Moral for the siyah kernel.
You can check him out here.
Firstly and foremostly, it DOES NOT WORK ON ALL ROMS….SOME ROMS MAY NOT BOOT….SO DON’T BLAME ME IF YOUR PHONE IS MESSED UP….
So the major questions, every mod has its disadvantages…so what are the disadvantages of this?, well here they are:
- You cannot FLASH ANY ZIP on the secondary rom.
- You cannot wipe data, dalvik cache etc on the secondary rom.
- Only dual boot supported yet.
- Cannot have a gingerbread and ics rom combination.
So the advantages are as follows:
- Works on ICS roms!!!! (works only on ics roms)
- Equal boot time for both the roms.
- Supports almost all roms as long as the rom supports siyah kernel (so gb roms not supported)
- Option to dual boot just like on a pc on startup.(well not exactly the same)
- Does not occupy your volume button and prevent from booting into recovery via combo like the other apps…just occupies your home button but still you will be able to boot into recovery/download with the specified combo.
How the hell to do it?
So HOW THE HELL TO DO IT? I know some of you a**holes around here would just leave the post and download and flash siyah kernel, trying to dual boot on their own and messing up their phones…So please follow every step carefully for god sake. Firstly there are two choices….
1:If you have data data on your phone that you don’t want to lose make a nandroid backup via cwm and flash the rom you want to keep as secondary and the siyah kernel as well.
2: If you don’t have important data on your phone, just flash the rom you want to keep as secondary and the siyah kernel as well.
And most importantly, after you flash the second rom, wipe dalvik-cache and other things if the rom requires it to boot otherwise you will have to do all the steps again. Some roms require dalvik cache or cache wipe..and if you don’t do that, they would probably get into a bootloop. So wipe the things you want and PLEASE boot into the rom for atleast once completely because you will not be able to wipe anything after the rom has become secondary!!!
Setting up Dual Boot: